Temple Judea has been recognized across the United States for its innovation in developing out-of-the-box religious school options to help families make Jewish learning a positive and stress-free experience for their children. Our Classroom Program is offered one day a week with options for Hebrew Studies (4th-6th grade). We offer Hebrew Studies in the Home in small groups or in private sessions, or at Temple Judea in a classroom setting. The Classroom Program instruction model includes weekly classes throughout the regular school year, Meyuchadim ("specials"), enrichment activities, retreats and membership in our junior and senior youth groups.
For more information on Religious School At-Home
Days/Times for 2020-2021 School Year will be made available soon
Below is our program from the 19-20 year:
Religious School Program Schedule - Grades K-6th:
- K-3rd Grade: Sundays from 9:00-11:00am or Tuesdays from 3:45-5:45pm.
- 4th-6th Grade: Sundays from 9:00am-12:00pm Jewish Studies & Hebrew Studies or Tuesdays from 3:45-6:45pm Jewish Studies & Hebrew Studies.
- K-3rd Grade Home-based Learning: Total of 25, 1-hour sessions.
- 4th-6th Grade Home-based Learning: Total of 25, 1½-hour sessions.
- K-3rd Grade Ba'Bayit: At-home group learning, Total of 25, 1-hour sessions.
- 4th-6th Grade Ba'Bayit: At-home group learning, Total of 25, 1½-hour sessions.
Judea Teen Journeys (JTJ) - Grades 7th-12th:
- 7th Grade: One Wednesday afternoon (3:45-6:15pm) and one 5hr Sunday field trip (9:00am-2:00pm) per month.
- 8th-9th Grade: Wednesdays from 3:45-6:15pm twice a month.
- 10th Grade Confirmation: Wednesdays from 5:45-8:15pm twice a month.
- 11th-12th Grade Post-Confirmation: Wednesdays from 5:45-8:15pm twice a month.
- Cantors in Training (9th-12th Grade): Youth singing group- Day & time is TBD, performs for High Holy Days and other holidays and event at Temple Judea.
- Madrichim (9th-12th Grade): Sundays from 9:00-11:00am or Tuesdays from 3:45-5:45pm.
- RAC L'Taken trip to Washington D.C. (9th-12th Grade): Weekend retreat to D.C. in early 2020, participate in workshops with the Religious Action Committee and speak with lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
- Love, Sex, & Relationship Retreat (9th-12th Grade): November 15th-17th, 2019. High School weekend retreat sponsored by Wilshire Boulevard Temple at AJU.