Caring Community is a dedicated group of Temple Judea volunteers who support our fellow temple members by performing uplifting mitzvot that strengthen and nurture our connections to one another and to Temple Judea. Each program is focused on congregant-to-congregant connection and support, including the following initiatives:
- The Judy Scharff Memorial Scholarship (for graduating Temple Judea High School seniors intent on pursuing a career in a "helping" field) tells our Temple Judea youth that we care about them and their efforts to care for others as well!
- Mitzvah Meals provides nourishing food for those overwhelmed or in need.
- Bikkur cholim provides wellness bags with essential items for sick members.
- Volunteers also deliver "Words of Comfort '' bereavement baskets and "Mazal tov" new baby baskets with uniquely Jewish comforts to lift up our members.
- Shabbat Greeters welcome you to services each Friday night with a hearty "Shabbat Shalom!"
- Caring Callers send words of love and mazal tov at times of celebration, and reach out by phone to let our members know that “We’re thinking of you...we care.”
- In Jewish Baking classes, participants will experience Jewish baking traditions passed member to member, including how to bake challah, specialty challah, mandelbrot, bagels, and babkas.
Together, we can hold each other up through life's journey, and we welcome your participation. We welcome new volunteers to join us in reaching out and deepening a connection to our temple community. There is no commitment on your part; you support us as much or as little as you are able. No matter how often you participate, we are confident you’ll find the experience rewarding.
The Temple Judea clergy, staff and Caring Community volunteers want to hear from you about what’s happening in your family - a new baby, a family simcha, an illness or hospitalization, a death, or any situation in which we can offer a helping hand.
So, please take a few minutes to call us at (818) 758-3800 or email us at and tell us about you, a family member, or a friend who might want some support from the Caring Community - or to become a volunteer. Let us know …. because WE CARE!