Join with the whole Temple Judea community and engage your hands and hearts. We have many opportunities to get involved for all ages!
Sunday, Feb. 9
This year we are focusing on honoring community heroes. Start now and make a donation to Fire Station 83 by clicking the button below!
Our local fire station needs:
new washer & dryer | office chairs | basic necessities
-- come be a hero yourself by donating below!
o fill out your paperwork in advance!
* make sandwiches & pack sack lunches -- 574 lunches for Hope of the Valley Mission
* gardening in temple planter boxes -- two planter boxes filled
* decorate reusable grocery bags -- 60 bags for MEND
* make paracord bracelets for soldiers -- 69 bracelets for Operation Gratitude
* make no-sew comfort blankets for children in foster care -- 25 cozy blankets for My Stuff Bags
* decorate picture frames -- 56 frames for the Jewish Home
* anti-genocide art projects for Jewish World Watch -- 54 animals decorated and 92 handprints on the banner!
* write letters to soldiers overseas -- 54 letters and pictures for Operation Gratitude
* make cards for children in the hospital -- 70 cards for CHLA
* write kindness cards -- 101 postcards for Saugus High School
* People of the Yarn knitting circle -- 18 new warm items for the Mission
* e-waste collection -- lots of donations ecologically disposed
* Be the Match bone marrow matching -- four new potential donors
* Red Cross blood donation -- 31 units of blood collected, which will save up to 93 lives!!
* donations for LA Fire Foundation -- WOW! We collected $1765!
* pajama and jacket drive -- 7 barrels of clothing for MEND
* canned food drive -- 1 full barrel of food for SOVA
* voter registration
* lemonade stand, bake sale, lunch!, music!
Temple Judea citizenship program
Interfaith Solidarity Network
Temple Judea Green Team
Temple Judea Social Action committee and
Thanksgiving Market sponsorship
plus the Religious School classes
will be displaying their Jewish Value projects
- canned/non-perishable food for SOVA
- gently used pajamas, clothes, and jackets
- old electronics if you want to e-waste recycle them
- yarn and needles if you want to join our knitting/crocheting circle (or bring extra yarn to donate to the knitters)
- gift cards for the Los Angeles Fire Foundation (supporting our local firefighters)
Jewish World Watch fights genocide and mass atrocities by educating and mobilizing individuals, advocating for policy changes, and funding projects to support and build resilience in conflict-affected communities.
Operation Gratitude sends care packages and personal letters of appreciation to U.S. service members deployed overseas, and sponsors additional programs to lift the spirits and meet the evolving needs of our First Responder, Active Duty, and Veteran communities.
Hope of the Valley Mission assists in the effort of meeting the needs of every hungry and homeless man, woman and child in the greater Los Angeles area.
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research.
The Jewish Home is the largest single provider of senior housing in the Los Angeles area.
SOVA provides free groceries and an array of supportive services to over 9,000 individuals of all ages, ethnicities and religions each month.
For questions or more information, please email Jennifer Lutzky, Social Action co-chair, at .