What is TJVillage?
TJVillage is a community, not a place. It is a connection—to friends and companionship, to shared interests and activities, to resources and caring. It is...
A member-driven and member-led organization for mutual support
Temple Judea’s recognition of its older congregants and their importance in Temple life
Formed to help members navigate the changes, opportunities, and challenges of their senior years
Part of a national movement of villages and mentored by the Synagogue Village Network
An avenue to enhancing our lives and widening our circles at a time when it is most needed
TJVillage Vision: A vibrant community of mature adults, thriving independently together.
TJVillage Mission: Creating opportunities for mutual support through
- Engaging daytime programs for learning and recreation
- Satisfying social connections leading to friendship and companionship
- Consumer information that provides a foundation for informed choices
- Activities and resources for maintaining and adapting healthy life styles
- Networking among members with common experiences or interests
- A caring culture centered in performing acts of loving-kindness and tikkun olam
Monday, September 13th at 4pm - TJVillage Movie Club discusses "The Dig" and "Menashe"
Thursday, September 23rd at 4pm - "How to Protect Yourself Against Cyber Crime"
Monday, October 11th at 4pm - TJVillage Movie Club discusses "The Trial of the Chicago Seven" and "The Lincoln Lawyer"
Thursday, October 14th at 4pm - "Real to Reel: Truth and Trickery in Courtroom Movies" with Paul Bergman
Monday, October 25th at 4pm - TJVillage Book Mavens discusses "Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End" by Atul Gawande
*All programs will be held on Zoom. Please see the temple eNews for Zoom links.
Connect with TJVillage by emailing or by calling 818-758-3800.